Have you ever feel frustrated and worried about having a dry and scaly skin (alligator skin) at any part of your body (face, fingers, hand, leg or even heel) which causes problems like having trouble in putting up your make up as it doesn't blend into your skin or having your skin peel off everywhere? and you'll be sitting there scratching your head, wondering how to cure a dry and scaly (alligator skin)/ dehydrated skin?
You've probably heard both terms used before, especially if you've had your skin analyzed by a skin care professional. There're actually difference between the term dry and dehydration. Dry skin is primarily caused from low levels of sebum (oil). Dehydration, on the other hand is the result of a significant loss of body fluid. Dehydrated skin can leave you feeling itchy, uncomfortable and literally you'll look older compare to the people who have hydrated skin texture. Usually the common causes are less water intake, overexposure to the sun or oil-stripping soaps.
So, my method to treat dry and dehydrated skin would be very simple and maybe you could try it out?
- Drinking eight 8-oz. glasses of water a day is a MUST!! as water flushes toxins from the body and gives skin a firm and plump look.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables especially the juicy ones as it is also a great inside-out treatment for the skin.
- Apply moisturizer lotion at least twice a day.
- Try to choose a suitable Cleanser preferably a creamy cleanser containing aloe vera.
- Make your own mask by putting a few drops of lavender oil in baking soda and mix it to make a paste that isn't too thick or too runny. Apply it to your face. Leave it on for 5 minutes while you relax and drink a glass of water. This will also help hydrate your skin.
- Choose your correct skin care product by consulting your trusted dermatologist.
- Don't hesitate to try different kind of skin care product as you will not know whether is it suitable for your skin or not?
- Stop using any makeup until your skin is totally heal or hydrate
- Most importantly! Have enough sleep. TRY TO SLEEP AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
There they are, my methods in treating dry and dehydrated skin. Hope it could help?
And ohh, have you guys ever came across with CRES? CRES is actually a short form of Confidence, Relaxation, Elegance and Sophistication and they are having a blogging contest by writing a blog post creatively about "How to Treat Dry & Dehydrated Skin". This explain why I'm tip-typing this post.
CRES, a holistic beauty and health sanctuary which offers personalized treatments that helps women understand, manage and pamper their entire selves in order to achieve a total well being exuded by,
Confidence, Relaxation, Elegance and Sophistication
Being the flagship boutique of Cellnique – the first and largest Paramedical Skincare brand in Asia, CRES is backed by decade worth of experience and industry know how, as well as deep insight into the lifestyle and needs of the contemporary women. It offers a wide range of state of the art personalized therapy that contours the women of the new age towards ultimate beauty of mind, body and spirit. [Source: http://www.creswellness.my/ ]
Besides this blogging contest, they are also having their CRES 9th Anniversary Sale, which is on the 28th of July 2012 (Saturday) and 29th of July 2012 (Sunday), 10am-8pm. Venue will be at IOI Boulevard Puchong. You can get your e-invitation @ https://www.facebook.com/creswellness/app_208195102528120
Hope to see you there